Thursday, June 18, 2015

Father's Day!

This was an awesome week!!

I have to admit we started on some of our Father's Day Surprises last week to make sure they all got done. Well, I am thinking that's not entirely true! I knew I'd have some kiddos that were taking a vacation and we actually started taking our "Daddy Pictures" the first week of Summer Fun. We finished them up the second week, then I went and developed them over the weekend to have this for this week! So all in all, we have been working on Father's Day Surprises for three weeks!! :) (Now remember, our weeks are ONLY three days long.

Two things, bummed me out... One.. I was soo excited to be "ahead" of the game on Wednesday, and for every person that came to school, we were to send all their Father's Day Surprises Home!! This morning, when I got to school and needed to use the computer, I discovered one of their many surprises had NOT been sent home!!! Oh Noooo! I knew I had kiddos that were not returning to school today.. This really didn't set too well..
The other, which wasn't my fault.. I had two kiddos that were absent from school that were suppose to be there and they didn't come!! My perfect 15 outta 15 kiddos didn't get their surprises for their dads. Even though, I couldn't do anything about the situation, I was truly disappointed! :(

On a good note.. I did remember to take pictures of our surprises!! :) (Even the ones that didn't make it home at the appropriate time!!)

We had the children color fish.. This is the outcome of the fish: All fish were unique in their own special way. I really liked how this turned out!!  This was copied on blue copy paper then backed with dark blue construction paper.


You can't have a Father's Day Surprise without including hand and foot prints!! I found both of these online. The footprint poem was actually a worksheet I found online, I tried to post the link, but, it didn't work, and I honestly can't find the one that does. However, it can easily be retyped to make it work for you. :)



My very very very favorite surprise of all were the ties. I think it's because we dressed the kiddos in some "Daddy" clothes and placed their pictures dab slap in the middle of each bingo dabbed tie!


My daughter, Melissa, had found some River Rocks and with my niece's help, we were able to get enough rocks for each child to paint.


This concluded our Father's Day Surprises.. Next week, we will begin on fourth of July crafts.
For we will be out of school for the week of the fourth and will return back on Tuesday, July 7th!!

May you be wonderfully Blessed!! I know I am!!
Sherry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment