Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's 1

It's hard to believe we are already in our second week of February! I know, I am a little late with this posting, but, not too bad! At least I made it before Valentine's Day!! It's down to only a few days before, but.. it's still before!!

On Monday, Feb 2, it was Groundhog's Day! So, yep, we jumped on the bandwagon and made the footprint groundhog. I think I saw it on FaceBook.. I saw it on Pinterest... I think I about near saw it everywhere, and I have to say, it was THAT CUTE and we just had to do one too!! :)




Tuesday, we officially started on the Valentine Crafts! We did a handprint craft, but, through the excitement we forgot to make a heart in the palm of the hand. However, the poem was nice. 



Wednesday, We asked Jesus to be our Valentine! The children painted hearts and added some fingerprint hearts around the edge. In Chapel, we learn that a smile is a hug from Jesus, so each child, on their paper received a Jesus Hug! :)



Thursday, we decided to teach the children how to say, "I Love You" with their hands. We sing in Chapel "This Little Light of Mine" and we use our index fingers as our lights while singing the different verses. We told the children to put up their lights. Then we showed them how to make an L by putting their thumb out. Lifting up your pinkie finger with the now made L will let someone know you love them. We traced their hands and folded down finger to say, "I love you!" The children decorated their hearts with bingo dabbers.



Friday, we had the children use crayons to decorate crosses. We added the bible verse 1 Corinthians 13 to the heart for a finished project. 




This concludes week one of our Valentine's Crafts! More next week!!!
Many Blessings,
Sherry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment