Thursday, October 24, 2013

Manners

The theme was Manners!

We have done some (well probably all of them!) before.. my dilemma.. repost so nobody has to dig for the crafts in previous blogs.. or leave it be.  I'm all about sharing and convenience to everyone, so I figured, I'd just repost! :)

There may be a few things that we did differently in some kind of way.  Rest assured, Melissa and I LOVE our job and we have a lot of fun in our classroom.  We tweak some words to fit our crafts and we are all about changing things up.

There isn't a lot of stuff on Manners out there.. watching some kiddos.. maybe there is a need for MANY more Manner crafts, songs, and fingerplays!

Monday, we made a quiet little mouse.  The mouse tells us to not talk, but to listen when someone else talks. The poem came from the DLTK site.  The mouse was found in a book we have school.  Big Book of Patterns.  It was much smaller, so we had to enlarge the pattern.  The mouse was painted, and the cheese and ears were bingo dabbed.



Tuesday, we made a bumblebee using the foot and hand.  I had envisioned something a little differently than Melissa so we compromised and this is what we came up with.  I love the Bee Font!!



Wednesday, we kept things pretty simple.  Melissa and I both were out of the classroom on this day, for we had to attend a family funeral.  We didn't want to overwhelm the kids nor the substitute teachers by both of us being out.




Thursday, this mouth pattern was found in a book (and I wish I knew the name of it) that belonged to a friend that I worked with many many years ago.  I think it was originally suppose to be used as a dental health craft.. As I mentioned earlier, there isn't a whole lot of things out there on manners.. So between Melissa and I, we came up with this one.  We cut food items from a couple grocery store ads and an expired pizza coupon ad.  We laid the food on the table and had the kiddos pick which one they would like to glue inside their mouth.  The picture doesn't really show it, but we had the kiddos color their boy with the mouth open.  I did find this Mealtime Manner Song somewhere on the internet and with the song, we created the craft to NOT chew with your mouth open!! :)




Friday, we painted the palm of our students hands, and created a pumpkin patch with pumpkins using their manners to kick off our fall fun crafts for the following couple of weeks.  The saying, I wrote, so it's an original! I also, turned the saying into a feltboard story, to practice all during the fall season.



We enjoy so much working with our kiddos.  The smiles, the hugs, and the "I love you's!" make everything all worth while!! :)

Enjoy what you do.. stop and check out the little things in life.. Be a Blessing to someone!!
Love and Peace,
Sherry :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, I absolutely love the lesson you did. This is such an important lesson often neglected, so if we don't teach them who will... I especially love the one with the little boy chewing with the open mouth - that's something I'm battling with in my class and would love to do that activity. I can however not find a picture that will work as well as yours. Is there any chance of you posting it or emailing it to me please? Thanks a lot for your great ideas!
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas. I have 3 little ones I watch and needed something to help them learn good manners. These are simple and fun.

    ReplyDelete