Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! It's a time to think about and thank all those that you are thankful for.  The colors that surround us are absolutely gorgeous.  Digging up old family recipes and even creating new ones fill my heart with joy! Remembering loved ones that you wish you could say hello to again.  It's just a fabulous time of year for me!

It was certainly busy at school.  We got to enjoy the older classes perform their Thanksgiving Program.  We also were able to make some awesome stuff! I have to admit, we didn't get to all that we planned for.  We had a few sick kiddos that came back to school at the last minute and the things we did were just too awesome for them to get passed up.  A couple days, I even snuck out of work, and headed to CVS to get some last minute pictures done!!  :)

First we made sure everyone had a "Thankful" picture. The paper was found at Hobby Lobby.  It was my lucky day, for it was also half price!!  A teacher's favorite thing to hear!



Thanks to Pinterest and a couple other ideas put into one, we came up with this awesome turkey craft! This I must say was a huge hit! Pictures were taken of each child wearing a silly turkey hat that was purchased after Thanksgiving at the Christmas Tree Shoppe! This handprint, accordion legged turkey had so much personality and was a huge hit!!




Now mind you, getting a picture of everyone in the class is not an easy task.  We have children that come two days here, three days there, sometimes four, and on occasion all five days!! Somehow, God was with us and we were able to get pictures of everyone.  Unfortunately, with that, we had to go a day or two without a new craft.  Especially since, we decided on TWO picture crafts!!

Lastly, we made a footprint and hand prints turkey. Now it was my idea to turn this into our felt board story that we have been doing all month.  The kids love the song and love learning their colors in English and Spanish, but this one was WORK! This turkey was so time consuming I honestly didn't think we would get this finished. And some of the kiddos still had their turkeys hanging in the hallway on Friday, when we left.





All of the projects took at LEAST two days to complete! This is what I am sad about, for usually we manage one craft a day!! I feel like we just missed something!  :)  Now, my parents loved what they got and commented over and over how much they liked it.  It was just not my norm!

Next, we will begin our Christmas Items.  I hope we can do better with more stuff to send home!! :)

May you all have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!
Until next time,
Sherry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment