Friday, September 7, 2012

School Is In! School Is In!!

Glory and behold, I thought this week would never get here!!  We have finally just completed our first week of school!!  We have an awesome class! Our kiddos are smart and are so eager to learn more!

It's going to be an awesome year, I can feel it!!

The first day of school (which took three days to catch everyone's first day) we made a set of handprints.  The poem was printed on some school paper I found at the Dollar Tree.  We backed the paper with yellow construction paper, because we have found that sometimes using the cheaper paper, it can be rather flimsy. The original post, I found on Pinterest.  I did change the poem just a bit.  This one says: Here are my hands with ten fingers in all. My artwork from school to hang on the wall. As years go by, we'll remember and say, "My hands and and I had an awesome first day!"



We also made some Grandparent's Day surprises for the kiddos to take home.  We made two Grandparent Surprises per child.  The paper used for this craft was a little thicker and didn't need the backing! This too was found on Pinterest.  I didn't use the rainbow hand like the original post, but I did use their poem.  We figured the paper was busy enough that we needed to use a plain hand print!  This one says: A Grandchild's Hand - The promise for tomorrow And the hopes of dreams come true. A reminder of the childhood, That is a part of you...  The wonder of a miracle From which this love began.  There is so much found in the touch of a Grandchild's hand.



We were also able to take a couple sets of pictures and begin on our Me Books!  After making the copies, and completing the September parts, I realized I had TRULY goofed up!! I had us leaving school in AUGUST instead of MAY!  So everything we have already done, half of it is already wrong!!  UGH!!  I have a fix in mind, so it won't be a complete waste!!

Next week's theme is to finish up the beginning of the year part of the Me Books, and to begin our Forest Theme!!  See you then!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment