Sunday, September 16, 2012

Forest Theme

For our second week of school, Melissa and I chose a forest theme.  We chose this theme, because it's the theme we chose for our classroom.

Our children are absolutely precious and we couldn't be more proud of them.  They are truly adjusting well and we can't wait to see what this year has in store for us all!!

I am so excited!!! I was on Pinterest.. again.. and discovered a fabulous site.. I was almost drooling!! It wasn't recipes this time, but.. it was a site full of "special stories"!! Both felt and magnetic!!!  Oh my stars, I was looking through the site and glory and be hold, I was soo glad it was the day before pay day!!  I did find a couple new things I could make.. and I found some interchangeable items... but before I got off that site, I placed my order!!  I am anxiously awaiting my delivery!!  I got the confirmation email just today.. She said she will be shipping my order in 2 weeks.. Usually I don't rush time, but... Jeepers, I can't wait till that stuff gets here and I am able to share my new stuff with the class!!  This is the first year, I am trying my hand at magnetic stories, so I hope the kiddos like it as well as the felt board!!  Before I'm finished with one story on the felt board, they are already asking for another. They also absolutely love my Little Old Lady That Swallowed A Fly story! As I've mentioned before, my little old lady cries at the end.  We try hard not to have tragedies in our classroom!!

For Monday, we chose to make a footprint bear!!  I found the bear from Pinterest at a fabulous hand and foot print site!  We certainly hope our Parents do not get tired of hand print and foot print crafts! We love them!!  For we know, one day, those little hands and feet will be all grown up!!  The years go fast!!

Here's a picture of the Foot Print Bear - The song says: The Bear Went Through the Forest - The bear went through the forest, the bear went through the forest, the bear went through the forest and all he found was me! All he found was me! All he that he could see! The bear when through the forest. The bear went through the forest. The bear went through the forest, and all he found was me!!



On Tuesday, September 11! We chose to make an Eagle Puppet.  This poem is an original from Melissa and myself.  We do have the talent in putting our heads together and creating poems!  We're grateful to have a computer in our classroom for these special moments!!  I'm so Blessed to be able to work with my Daughter!!! We did take time to remember this special day for our Country! We didn't go into a whole lot of details, because we knew our children would discover this sad day in due time.  We did talk about the Eagle being our National Bird and how special September 11 was to many people.  We said a simple Prayer for the day just so we could remember in our hearts!!

Here's the picture of the Eagle bag puppet. Templates can be found at DLTK.com We use this site very often!!  The poem says: In the forest where eagles fly. Our National Bird, high in the sky.  This eagle is here to say, "God Bless the USA!" On this special day! Remembering 9/11




For Wednesday, we had the kiddos paint a mouse.  The mouse was made of ovals! They really like to paint!  We have found we cover more of the page, if we have them paint first then cut it out.  They painted the page with gray paint. The kiddos added sticker eyes.  We found a poem and tweaked it just a bit: Mice - I think mice are rather nice. Their tails are long, their faces small. They haven't any chin at all.  Their ears are pink, their teeth are white. They run about the forest at night. They nibble things they shouldn't touch. And no one seems to like them much. But "I" think mice are nice.



Thursday, we made the foot and hand prints porcupine!!  This turned out to be a very cute craft!! Thank you Pinterest!! The poem I googled early before school.  Once again, the internet came to my rescue!! Prickly Little Porcupine - Sung to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - Prickly little porcupine. Please don't poke me with your spine.  OUCH!!



Friday, the last day of the week!  We made a racoon mask! This paper plate craft was once again, found on Pinterest!  We didn't use a poem for the mask, but we were able to take a picture of each child holding their mask!!  This little guy placed his eyes ever so carefully on his mask!



Next week, we will head to the FARM!!!

Hope everyone is Blessed with an awesome week!! See you, hopefully on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment